Thursday, June 22, 2006

Skirt or Trousers?

OR

To be a girl was something that I always proud of when I was just six. Girls can wear both skirt and trousers when boys can't. I used to love all kinds of skirts, short one with beautiful laces or the one that looks like a balloon. While wearing it, my little me often felt like dancing and spinning like a ballerina so that the skirts would spread and move around with my body. That was something cannot be done with the pants.

My mom introduced me to a pair of jeans when I was seven. My first trousers with a teddy bear holding a flower decoration on it and I thought they were so cute. I was enchanted by my first encounter with that piece of clothes called jeans. Since then, I hardly wore skirt anymore except my school uniform and tended to avoid buying any of them. My mind began assuming that trousers were simply better, safer, and looked cooler, without mentioning that I had had some bad experiences of wearing skirt.

One day I had to wear a gown in my cousin's wedding and I ended up stepping on my gown and I fell ridiculously in the reception because it was hard to make a big step with long gown. The other day, I went to a mall wearing a jeans skirt together with my dorm's friends. First impression, the skirt was looked good on me. When I was walking, my friends suddenly realized that something went wrong and finally couldn't stand anymore to laugh at me because the way I walked. It was simply looked like a gangster than a normal girl....Obviously, it was something that they couldn't see clearly when I was wearing my long pants. Perhaps, that was the result of Tae Kwon Do activity that I was following in my 3 years study in high school.
Starting from that moment onward, I start believing that skirts don't suit with me after all.

It is not like I don't want or I hate wearing skirt at all. Honestly, when I see my girl-friends wearing it, I do envy them a lot. They are looked nice and pretty in it with a pair of boots or high-heels shoes.
I wish someday I could wear it again and hear comments that it fits me better than a pair of jeans. Before that happens, please teach me how to walk well and straightly :) (watashi no wagamama onegai dake yo... :p )