Monday, June 26, 2006

Salad and I

I used to believe that salad is a very prestigous cuisine back in Indonesia. One of the reason was because it only could be found in Pizza Hut (LOL). The salad that I mean here is not those that you eat together with pecel lele, gado-gado, or even with javanese fried chicken, you know lah such as fresh cucumber, kemangi, and "kol."
I came to Holland four years ago and got in touch with the world of salad and salad dressing but still I hardly ate it. Three years afterwards, I started working in the World Trade Center as a trainee and try to behave as a real working woman, including having my lunch in the cafetaria, which the main menu is salad. I tried many times and still, for some reasons, I tend to force myself to eat and admit they're delicious than to enjoy the meal normally.
Another chance, I filled my bowl with various kinds of salads:
-tuna mix salad
-ink fish carrot and cucumber
-tomato salad
-and some other kinds, which looked tasty for me..but the taste was indescribable.

and I ended up eating the sweet corn and eggs only...*sigh
salad oh salad why can't I eat you?