Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Can you say the magic words?

"I Love YOU".....*PLAK (slapping voice). Andy got slapped and rejected again by the girl who he met two days ago. Again? Yes, about a month ago, he was just rejected by a promotion girl who he thought having a crush on him because she was smiling gently when offering Andy a free sample of new mineral water product. In fact, I think her occupation was to give a big big smile to everyone while promoting the new product.

When Andy said "I Love You"
The first girl said, "who are you?"
The second one who slapped him just went away after yelling angrily, "are you out of your mind?!!"

"What's wrong with me?" Andy couldn't understands why he never gets the attention of the girl that he loves or at least the one that he has a crush on. According to Andy self, he never lies with the words that he said to the girl. Friends of Andy also admit that if you are looking for an honest man in the world, Andy is one of the most honest ones. Thus, when he says "I luv ya" he means he really likes the person.

It is indeed true when someone said, when you say it, mean it. But a miracle would hardly happen with only words....I think it is similar with faith without deeds is no use. So if you think you love her/him...do something to show that you really mean it.

Andy really did something, he bravely said the three words of love face to face with the girl. So the problem here is the girl not Andy right? Is the girl at fault because she doesn't like Andy?
Wrong!!....the answer is that the girl does not know Andy.
"Who are you? I barely know you and you say you love me...I cannot love back a stranger like you."

In less than a week what can you know about someone new? I myself can hardly remember the name of the person that I just meet once. Perhaps after two or three times I meet him then I'll remember his name and his occupation. If I really like him, I will need at least a month to get to know him...from which city does he come from, what does he like and dislike, what is his mobile number, how about his family and his close friends, and obviously, how can I attract his attention ;)

Before saying "I love you" does someone really need to have a good preparation? OR at least be more careful just to make all things work as expected? Well..honestly speaking, I don't know either...Strange isn't it? I do have someone special..but until today, I still can count with my fingers those moments when I said I love him... :) Isn't it just too precious to say?

Having got some experiences, Andy is now carefully not to say the three words easily. Rejection is an instant heartbreaker with no relationship involved. Anyway, experiences are always the best teacher.
Finally one day, Andy was introduced to a girl named Amy at his friend's wedding party. He, as usual , was accidentally in love at the first sight with the girl. Remembering his bad experiences, Andy held back his feeling and tried his best to be jus a friend.

A month has passed since then, Andy and the girl were now good friend. They worked in the same building but in different floor and different companies. Therefore, after the working hours finish Andy often ran to Amy's office to pick her up and go back home in the same subway. Unfortunately, Andy frequently missed the chance as he had to work overtime. In that month, he only managed two times picking up Amy from work.
A week ago was Amy's birthday and Andy did send her a card with a slice of strawberry on the short cake as the b-day's present. Andy thought Amy liked strawberry because she has a wallet with strawberry motive, and she did like Andy's present very much. I think that's why they become a good friend.

Andy's feeling for Amy still existed and it was growing stronger everyday, stronger than the feeling he had before on the promotion girl and the stranger girl, two girls that he was even unable to recall their names. Of course it was different for everything that he has done for Amy and for the time that they have spent together. The question now, can Andy say the magic words?

One starry evening, Andy walked Amy to her home. When finally they arrived in front of Amy's apartment, Amy held Andy's hand to say her gratitude. She was about to take her hand when in sudden Andy held her hand more tightly and finally utters, "I love you Amy..would you be my girl?"
Amy looked surprised and Andy was worriying while his heart's beating was speeding up. Both become silent for a couple minutes.

Amy put her other hand on Andy's hand gently. "Thank you for loving me that's really sweet of you," she said with a lovely smile. Some tears were running through her cheeks while staring at Andy's eyes and saying she was so sorry that she was not ready yet to be in a relationship. "Let's stay as a friend.." She insisted and Andy understood.
For the last time, Andy hugged Amy before letting her go inside her house and then they said goodbye.

Andy was heart-broken. Soon after he left Amy's house, he unwillingly cried in the dark. It was damn hurt although Amy didn't slap or nag him like the other girls. At least now he learnt that his feeling for Amy was undeniably true..and the previous ones were, perhaps, only his manly longing for having a girlfriend.
May I say that Andy now has seen the miracle of three words of love?...because he said it honestly from his deepest heart and moreover for all efforts he has done for her.
Well, Andy might have failed to get a lover, yet his good girl-friend stays.

Anyway it's just my short story. If I were Andy...I don't know how to be Amy's ordinary friend again after what has happened between us...that's why this is just a story :)