Monday, October 16, 2006

Why is this site called Bug's tale?

After two and half year writing on this blog, finally I try to describe why this blog is called my Bug's tale. Starting from the very first time I published my first post, I had already picked this title for my site under the address "le4theflea.blogspot.com."
I think from the address itself, it explains enough that "The Tale" is anything about or originally written by the owner of the blog, which is me (of course hohohoho). At the first time, many of my friends would likely comment that the title was not suitable enough as most of my posts were written in (broken) Indonesian (note: my native language is Javanese actually).

Yep, let me introduce myself. My name is simply Lea and the phrase "lea the flea" was created because the word "flea" sounds very much well-matched with my short name. I used this name as my email for the first time. Later on, this phrase has become my authentic image after some incidents that happened before I published this blog.

Let's see if I can recall all the things that brought me to name this site Bug's tale:
  • In 2002, I opened a yahoomail account under name le4_the_flea@yahoo.com . In fact, this is one of my two yahoo accounts that's still active until today. I made a lot of accounts for free but accidentally Yahoo closed almost all of them because I forgot the password, sometimes the username, and in another occassion, I hardly opened them in a month.
  • August-September 2002, my first summer in Holland, I was living in a room at a modified-old-Catholic church building, Heilig Hart Kerk Student Dorm, and among more than 40 rooms, my room was the only room that got infected by bugs and fleas more than two times straight in two months. During my bed time those fleas living inside my bed were consuming my blood and left many red-itchy-dots on my body and face. Since that time onward, my fellow students called me "kutu," which in English it is translated into flea. (don't ask me why)
  • Most of my friends have known that I got a chicken pox exactly on my (sweet) seventeenth birthday, and I recovered with many little keloids on my back (if you don't know what "keloid" is, please check this site Keloid). According to them, those looks similar with the black spots owned by a tiny bug called ladybug. That does reinforce my image as the queen of flea. (Anyone please stop me writting this..)
ok to be continued next time, it's bed time bye for now.