Thursday, March 30, 2006

Who said that I am fat?

I am not fat...just a little bit more than other, trust me. When you say so...sometimes it does make me think that I really have gained some more weights.

Born as a skinny dark-skin hairy baby girl. My mom told me that I had a hairy back..when I was born 22 years ago..but it was just for a day..then it all fell down (pyuuh thanks God).

Then, from a baby to a hyperactive toddler who disliked to eat and liked to play a lot. My mom always gave me two times in a week..a bitter traditional Indonesian jamu for increasing my appetite but it just did not work as expected except for the snacks that I liked. Compared to my brother who was born 2 and a half years later, he was so white, round, rather short, hairless, chubby, and a cry baby who liked eating a lot.

I grew up as a skinny very tall girl...I was the tallest during my six years in Elementary school until Junior high school. When we had the monday's ceremony, I was always in the latest place in line. I hate to be in the back because I never cleary saw what was happening in front and the teachers were always standing by at the back for disciplining the students.

Still at that time I hate to eat rice. If it was possible, then I would like to eat just the dishes without the rice. I always tried to reduce my eating portion when my mom didn't notice. During that puberty time, when I ate more, it just made me grow more vertically than horizontally. In my 13th birthday, I was already a bit taller than my mom. None of my male classmates' heights were match to me. People around me often thought that I was older than my age.

My mom's friend who is running a barber and modelling business was ever offering me to be a model because of my height and weight. Unfortunatelyy, I was just not interested and preferred wearing the boy's clothes instead of those girly stuff. That moment, I thought being undercover as a boy was cool and fun...while I was having a flat chest and tall figure. My brother was still 10-15 cm shorter than I was. I think that what made me think that I could be cooler than him (LOL). When remembering this, I feel so silly and weird.

Well time passed by and people changed so did I. In high school, my growth has come to time to stop gradually when I started realizing that people need food to live and eating is fun. I stopped growing at the height of 167 cm (not too short either) and then started to grow vertically. When I stopped growing, my brother and sister were in their fast growing period. Now I am the second shortest after my mom.

Perhaps it is true if we hear that people who were born skinny would be fatter when they grow up and the other way around. My brother now is much taller and slender while I am accumulating more fat and unable to grow anymore. I really should work out in this cold country.....*sigh.