Thursday, March 16, 2006

Farewell Pak Pandu

Yesterday was my dad's birthday. It was supposed to be a happy moment when God bless my dearest daddy with another year and takes care of him until today.

On the same day I got another shocking news from my friend. My dearest English teacher in high school has passed away due to an unexpected cause. For me, he is not an ordinary teacher. He always had his own method in teaching English. His lesson was fun, interactive, and challenging. Sometimes during the lesson, he brought his guitar and sang a long. Geez I missed that moment very much.

Frankly, during my three years in high school, he had taken an important part in shaping up my ability in speaking English in front of the public. I was delighted when he asked me and my other two friends, Indah and Prita for the first time to join the English debate contest in Dipenegoro University. Even the result was dissapointing and I was very nervous, but that was one of the best experience to be standing up in front of the judges and our opponent to defend my opinion.

I was given his trust but I had dissapointed him many times...even on the graduation day, when I was shaking his hand, I could not say how much I regret them and at the same time thank him for everything. Now that he's not around anymore...I would never have the chance to say something that I have reached now because of him.




Mr. Pandu was always be the highest and the biggest teacher in Sedes. With his low and bass tone, he could make the whole class shaking and make your feet tremble when he was angry and another moment he could entertain everyone with his guitar and sing KLA projects's songs. Moreover he has a unique sense of humor, that simply made everyone laugh, love, and respect him as a teacher, a coach, and a big friend. Well, I will never hear that voice anymore even I make a wish to meet him and the other teachers again on next year School's anniversary.
After all, He is the best English teacher that I ever had in my life.

Farewell and rest in peace sir, now your journey has reached the finish line. May God give you the deserved place in His kingdom.

people come and go. When it's time to say goodbye, all we can do is let go...