Friday, March 17, 2006

Internet oh internet...

Not the first time I've got to deal with this matter. Why can I just live peacefully friendly and quietly with Internet???

First time, in 2003, my housemate, Daniel the Dutchman, told me that he could share his internet connection to my computer. Problems; my laptop was too slow to react and it took me 5 minutes to open a website (>.<).....*sigh

Second time, in 2004, when finally the connection had been well established, I went back to Indonesia for holiday. After 5 weeks holiday, I came back and found that Daniel now had stopped his subscription with the ISP because now he got the connection directly from the company where he was working for. Pitty...pitty...Luckily it was only for a month before I went to Sweden.

Third time, in 2004-2005, I left for Sweden to follow my double degree program. This country was just great because they have T3 internet connection, which is a very high-speed internet connection, faster than modem, T1 and T2 (is there anything faster than T3??? then plz let me know ya...). At first, there was no problem...it just went smoothly until...they blocked my MAC address hiks..I went through all the ways to get my connection back..I did it and I got VIRUS in my laptop!!! Poor my laptop, because afterwards I had to re-formatted it for 4 times in one day, one and half hour for each "format process."

Then the school established its private intertet connection, exclusively just for students, still T3 though. Just because my apartment building was old comparing with some other buildings who had just been built about a year ago. The place where I lived in Gavle, Sweden was an area with 6 or 8 four-stories buildings called Satra (add a double ticks on the first A--so that it will be read as Setra)....They, the school IT administrator, forgot that my apartment was belonged to the school,..which means...NO STUDENT INTERNET CONNECTION.
It was a damn cold chilly dark snowy winter, the sun only came out for the maximum 4 hours in a day. My housemate and I were forced to wait for almost 4 weeks before finally they made it. we had no television and of course no internet...can you imagine how did I feel that time?? no different as a dead meat in the freezer..(sorry too exaggerating).

Finally, in 2006, after graduated from Sweden, I moved to a new student room and submitted an application for the internet, digital television, and telephone. There was no internet connection due to some company's problems. Then, the connection was there on Thursday by the end of last February 2006. We were so happy, my nextdoor friends and me, until.......one day. One day, the storm and rain were going on in Amstelveen and the lighting struck the building and cut the connection off.....*beeeeeeeeep The saddest thing in my life.........no internet connection until today *sigh That's why when the connection finally is revived again today, you know ....how much it means for me.