Tuesday, March 28, 2006

watashi no tanjoubi...

This year I got unforgetable birthday...well what can I tell you. It was very very special but don't imagine it was full of surprises, joy, party, and sorts of those things. In contrast, this year's b-day was pretty quiet,
everyone was busy, and
the metro was under construction during the weekend that I could go nowhere after 20.00.

I left my mobile at home and went to a friend's house to stay a night. Therefore I called my family at 00:01 in Holland or 6 o'clock in Indonesia just in case they had called my mobile. My parents were in a rush to go to church when I called them and sadly, my mom almost...almost..forgot that that day was my b-day. For a moment, it made me a little bit sad.

0:20 My friends were busy with their game, when they knew I was having my first 20 minutes birthday, they shouted and kept playing...I know it shouldn't bother me too much since I am used to this kind of situation every weekend. But, suddenly my tears flew through my cheeks and just couldn't stop it. Perhaps I was just expecting too much.. :) sometimes I just hate to be this weak. I could say nothing to my boyfriend except thanking him for lending me his shoulder to cry for a while.

I know I was not supposed to behave like that..a birthday is something that you should be proud of and thankful since we are still alive until today. Speaking of that, actually it is not something that should be proud of by other people before yourself, isn't it?
Then I questioned myself, have I been thankful enough for having a birthday even my friends are nowhere around?

Well, it was just that night..the next day I really enjoyed my day although I had to get up 1 hour earlier due to the time had changed from winter to summer time 1 hour ahead. The spring is here, and right on my birthday the weather became warm and warmer. Thanks God for making my day and thanks to all friends, I got bunch of emails, e-card, sms, a little bottle of wine in an envelope?? from my boss, and of course hand shakes and kisses. Those were so sweet and touching. I think I won't have enjoyed this much if I had not felt so down at that night hehe..just kidding...
The truth is that I managed to convince myself that nothing should be upset of on my own b-day....feel like singing "don't worry be happy"

As I get older..I realize that more hardships will come to my life, but as long as I managed to overcome them and not to forget to give thanks for what I have achieved, it should be just all right.... :)

END