Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Living Expatriate

What do you wish as a student in a foreign country who is looking for a place to stay? If I could make one wish, I would like to stay in a place with everything I used to make this life and with people that I love and also not to move again to another place until I graduate from school. For the last three years I have been living here, I saw only one person could make it (at least among my friends who are in the same year as I am).

I myself never make it after my first year when all of us should hunt for a place to stay because we could only stay in the school's dorm only for our first year here.


Moving is hard especially for us, students who have limited budget to deal with everything. We always try how to get more with fewer funds. DON'T BUY TOO MUCH STUFF!! This is what exactly what I should do since I never know until when I could stay in a place. It will be very hard to carry everything with us when we're moving to a new place. Most of the time, those stuffs end in the garbage spot since they are impossible to be carried due to many many reasons such as:

-The new place is in another city, so it's expensive to go and back many times just to carry stuff.

-The new place is smaller, my stuff cannot fix in there, no space left.

-The new place is furnished, I am not allowed to throw the furniture away and replace them with mine, what I should do is dumping mine instead.

-I should move to my new place in sudden (natural disaster, accident, etc.) almost no time to pack, just pick the most important stuff with me.

-I am moving to another country, only 20 kilos allowed, 100 euro per 5 kilos excess luggage.

-I buy more clothes, my closet is full, and must throw the old ones hiks sometimes I want to have them all without reducing any.

So far I have moved four times during my three years stay in Holland which means I moved every year to a different place. Can you imagine if you should move to one to another place every (less) than a year? First time (well actually for the second time and follow too), I also grumbled, as I should carry so many heavy stuff with me. But thanks to my friends who helped me; or those who had the same thing happened to them so I did not feel so lonely (lol).

Anyway living in a new place is not bad at all, maybe only in the beginning when we should suffer of carrying things and adapting and then the new place are such having a brand new exciting thing. Fresh and new look. A new place to start the next chapter of my life. Therefore, I'm really enjoying the way I live now even now I'm quite far away from my mates, and I get really excited to tell you a story how those living expartiates are coloring my life.