Friday, March 25, 2005

To be mature or to be older

Every people were born to be older every year but not many were born to be adults. Interesting isn't it? To be kids is the modest phase of someone's lifetime. The time when they have only little problems, the safest time children have mom and dad who always care everyday every time, bought them food and toys, it's also time to learn a lot of new and fun things at school, even the time when people can be just really good friends between boys and girls or older people with them without any suspicious mind.

When I am getting older, I get more responsibilities. Just like when my little brother was born two years later after me and then my sister. My parents would likely ask me to be a good example for them. I think that's why I always had a dream to be the youngest one in my family silly me. Humm..anyway it's just an example of myself. There's time when I want to be so childish and be loved by everyone. Not anymore I hope so..

So am I so are most people. When they were caught in a modern new life as adults not few of them wish to be a child again. Some can hold themselves back and face their problematic life as a grown human being while the others just let themselves be trapped in their fantasy world and refused to come back to the real world. This is what I call the different between being adults in this case to be mature and being older.

Back when I was in high school, I always wished to disappear every time my uncle got angry or I made a terrible mistake to someone and he was going to scold me badly. I thought I was weird, but the same thing happen to my best friend, she wished to have ctrl+alt+del on her body so that every time she got very distressed, she can restart herself all over again. But now..thanks God we've changed heehhehe… we want to be mature as we become older.

It is not someone's fate since he or she was born. To be a mature person is a choice. But there's also a view that children are more honest and fairer because they are less knowledgeable than adults who know much more about this universe. Adults are smarter but as they know more they want more and then compete towards each other with tricky sometimes with illegal ways such as threatening one another to get what they want. Therefore, some people prefer being indifferent or pretending not knowing their surrounds to caring and putting themselves into problems in order to create a better life and peace Just by saying it's not one of my business; I don't give a damn; please count me out!!;take him or her there're many who are much better than me (not to say that over caring is also annoying hehe:p ). It's just not the right way to implement the philosophy. If I were those, I'd like to view it as God said in the bible that He sent us as sheep in the middle of wolves therefore we should be smart as snakes but harmless as doves (Matthew 10:16). Life is like solving puzzles ; it will always create problems. By avoiding your problems and never trying to face them or taking risk we'll never learn to be a mature person.