Monday, August 13, 2007

At the peak

After almost two weeks of reading manual finally I gave up and almost bored-to-dead. One hour for me it feels like forever. But I told everyone that I have finished reading it (just trying to make good impression he?!). It was last Thursday's afternoon, five minutes before 17.00 when finally I closed the Yellow manual folder and bravely stepped into my (temporary) supervisor's office and (ehm) challenged him to give me job to do or I quit...ups...I mean I take a day off for the following day (Friday).

Honestly, I was having a little hope that he will let me off on Friday because anyway on Monday my real boss from other department is coming from his vacation and he's going to give me my first assignment. Unexpectably, he tried to guess my mind and uttered it to me, "I know that you actually don't want to take a day off, right?"

"umm..yeah right!" I smiled strangely while answering back (I hope he couldn't read my expression).

And he continued, "I have a plan for you, there are some things that you can do tomorrow."

I asked, "for a half day and then I can leave earlier?" (with blinking eyes which show full expectations)

"No, it is something that I hope can be done for one full day," with smiling over his face because the problem solved.

"OUCH!!" (Homer's style on mute mode)..."well ok I'll come to your office tomorrow"

And the next day, I did do some works for him for the whole day. In the end I still left some works unfinished when the time had shown ten to six.
Time did fly very fast, when there is something to do. Well for now I can say I love working than doing nothing :p . Am I trying to be cool? Naaahh..no comment

After all I really learnt my lesson...