Friday, April 27, 2007

Being Pathetic

I used to be a very pathetic person when it came to beg someone's love. I was and hopefully I am not like that anymore. When reading my junior's blog, I recall my old self when being in a relationship for the first time. So demanding yet denying myself to be such demanding person. For example when my bf didn't reply my sms or call then I would be so annoying by crying out loud, which I realized it was mostly for myself not because of him, be so depressed and so suffering just to get his full attention. However, when he asked if I had done that because of his fault, I would say "No." Was it the one that is called pride or was it simply an ego?

My junior is being in that moment at this time. The time when we are told not to expect too much (yet we can't stop expecting) because it brings only hurt. The time we think that love is all about losing your mind, doing everything, giving anything, and sacrificing everything just for him without expecting the same amount of return. Again here we are lying to ourselves about the fact that there are expected returns.
I can think that those things mention above are silly and unreasonable now. But at that time I wouldn't be able to think that way.


Speaking of faith, I would say that those are what the evil tries to affect our mind and feeling by turning upside down what God says about hope and love. I think there is a slight difference between expectation and hope. Expectation is what you predict will happen while hope is something that you believe it will certainly happen.


The scripture does not say if we love someone we can lose our mind and sometimes have to sacrifice all things and that's why Christ died on the cross. That's not the point. But it does say if we love someone, it should be meant to protect, to have trust between each other and always to have hopes.
I hope this can help to ease your mind sis.