Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Backpacker

I find myself as a stranger in a strange city.
I am walking whole day but there is no place called home to stay.
I am not a homeless nor a nomadic...I just don't want to go home yet.
With a big bag on my back and a piece of map on my hand, I search and I try reaching each place that I've seen on the map during the day.
I hope my day always starts early in the morning and it would end very late in the night so that I would make a good use of one day that I have in this place.

I don't need a good room to get a good sleep
as....
I never know when I will be back
neither how far have I walked
not because I have no money to pay

When I find a place with shelter and a toilet, there will I end the day.
When the sun has gone down and I have no power anymore, there will I restore my energy.
The floor is my bed and my bag is my pillow. I tie it tightly on my back so that it always stays with me until the next couple of hours when I open my eyes.

Suffering? If I compare with the amounts of places I've been and seen more than anyone else, my answer will be "no." I'm satisfied with it and it's a pride to be a backpacker.