Monday, September 11, 2006

Where were you when the planes hit the twin?

I was sitting and listening to the pastor at Crossroad International Church with a little drowsy look on my face until the time the pastor rose a question, "I am sure most of you who are here now can remember what were you doing at the moment you heard the 11 September incident five years ago."

In my half-sleeping mode, I tried to recall that moment and that picture just came back to me like an old movie, very clear and vivid.
It was quite late at night in Semarang, my 18 years-old me turned on the television in our dorm when everyone was in their own room. I drank a glass of water relaxing while watching that phenomena lively on RCTI, one of Indonesian channel. I did never think or even try realizing that the news that I was watching was one of the world most tragedic moments. For me at that time, it was an amazing phenomena to see a plane hit one of the tower and then another plane flew and hit the other one and finally both towers gradually destructed until they bumped on the ground. "WOW" that was my very first comment.

A couple months afterwards, I graduated from high school and went back to my town, Kediri. My dad who was checking his inbox on his computer suddenly called me. Did you know what my father showed me ?
One of his friends sent him a email with a picture attached, no other than a picture of WTC's victims who was found dead with a crashed body because he was assumed jumping from one of the tower to save himself. I think I don't have to tell you the detail since it was very awful, sickening, yet tragic to see.

Now how could I still think that was a world amazing phenomena just like a movie scene? It was the most tragic tragedy that I have ever known during my whole 18 years of living in this world (obviously before the tsunami 2004).

As a high school girl, I used to think that it was an accident and it just accidentally happened because some bad bad people hijacked two random planes. They were stupid that's why they failed, made the planes flew to the wrong directions and finally killed themselves in the incident.
When I grew up to be a college girl who accidentally chose to attend a class called International Politics and Business Policy (yes...actually I hate knowing or reading anything about politics) I learnt that that was an interpretation of a project that was carefully managed and well planned for a long time by a group of people that the world know as the terrorist. Even the death of the hijackers was a part of the main plans. Clever in the man's mind, still stupid in the after life judgement's point of view (excuse me this is my free opinion).

So back to my question. where were you? or what were you doing at that moment? sleeping or working? Anyway, wherever you are and whatever you have been doing do not let your guard down.
The world's time is getting closer to its end (we all know that one day on earth is equal with 1000 days in heaven, if Father says it's coming soon, who knows when?).

More important than that, your time is not getting longer either and it may be even shorter that you have ever imagined.
because I would say there is no safe place anymore in this world,
anything can happen at anytime, is it man-made (e.g. terrorist) or God-made (natural causes)..none can stop it when it is the time.